-->

Again with the Foam Prices!? : Howards Custom Upholstery

Again with the Foam Prices!?

by Tavy at Howard's on 06/16/11

 People always ask me, "Why are foam prices so expensive?" and I always tell them that foam is a petroleum based product and as a result rises with the price of oil.  I would say it fluctuates with the price of oil, but I have never actually seen the price go down, so "rises with the price of oil" is more accurate.  Recently we at Howard's Upholstery received a letter from one of our foam providers stating the price of foam will go up 9% after July 1, 2011.  Not unreasonable, unless we had just received a letter last year stating the prices would go up 12%.  Together that is a 21% increase in foam prices in the last year. Outrageous.  I included the recent letter on the top of this entry so that our customers can see that we are not raising foam prices arbitrarily, but rather the foam companies are raising prices.  I cannot speak for their reasons, I can only say that this increase is outrageous, and a burden to our customers, especially during these economic times.

Comments (0)


Leave a comment


Howard's Custom Upholstery
Serving All of Southern California since 1976
  Family Owned and Operated
High Quality Furniture Upholstery in Orange County
WE WILL BE CLOSED FROM NOV 16-25 - HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
We're the only Orange County shop to receive multiple Super Service Awards!
Sofa, dining seat & fabric discounts - see Promotions page
- Quality at a Just Price  -  Read our "Yelp" & "Nextdoor" reviews!
HOWARD'S CUSTOM UPHOLSTERY in South Orange County, California, since 1976, has Specialized in Upscale, Luxury Furniture Upholstery and the Construction of "Custom Built" Furniture.

We Pride Ourselves on The Quality of Our Work and Our Emphasis on Customer Satisfaction.  Once you visit our shop and speak to our staff, you will see that Howard's is the Best in the Industry!
We believe that furniture should be a long term investment and a legacy from one generation to the next. Howard's has worked hard to build a strong reputation within the furniture industry and our community. We take great pride in our craftsmanship and offer quality fabrics for your home, office or outdoor experience.

We specialize in:

Sofas
Loveseats
Antique Furniture
Headboards
Cushions
Foam/Down replacement
Chairs
Dining Seats
Patio Furniture
Cornice Boxes
Recliners
Ottomans
Repairs
Window Treatments
Pillows
Duvet Covers
and more...

Call Us...(949)768-0106
24002 Via Fabricante #204
Mission Viejo, CA 92691 949.768.0106

At the very corner of:
Alicia Parkway behind
Custom Comfort Mattress.
Turn into Via Fabricante, then turn left at 1st
driveway.



24002 Via Fabricante #204  Mission Viejo, CA 92691
Hours of Operation
MON-THURS:    
8am - 5:00pm
FRI: 8am - 2:30pm
SAT: 8am - 1pm
SUN: Closed
- Closed Holiday Weekends!
CLOSED NOV 16 THRU
THANKSGIVING WEEKEND
WE ACCEPT:  ( Please add a  2 1/2%
convenience fee for VISA-MasterCard
Click for Directions
YAHOO !
Review Us On: